Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tour Songs - Episode 6

Ricky Nelson has been a part of my life ever since I can remember.  My father is a die-hard fan.  Half the songs he played me on the guitar  growing up were Ricky Nelson songs.  There was no escaping it, I too would become a huge fan.  And it happened, and I believe it happened fairly quickly.  Perhaps I might have rebelled against Ricky some time between the ages of 15 and 17, but I'm not sure.  I can only embrace his music now and you all should too.  

The song we chose to do this episode is the song my father claims to have courted my mother with.  My dad is a smart man for sure, if there is a song out there to make a woman swoon, this is it.  Rick Nelson's "Sweeter Than You", and here is our go at it:  

video

I just realized there is a great sadness to half these blogs we've written.  Blaze Foley, Townes Van Zandt, and Ricky Nelson, all taken from us long before they should have been.  What is it about the great ones?  Whatever you do, don't turn out to be great.  Stay mediocre people and you'll live a nice, long, heathy life.  

And we'll leave you with a short clip of us butchering a great Ryan Adams song.  Perhaps we'll try this again sometime.  

One more kiss before we go...

video

That's all folks, see you next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment